Half of the Doctor's....

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by rikster, Jul 7, 2012.

1. rikster

rikster 2nd Team All-Star

Finished in the bottom half of their class...

I'm thinking of that stat when I read all of this talk about prospects in Florida and Toronto who are considered untouchable in trade talks...

I'm wondering how 29 other teams could have passed on these picks when they all had an opportunity to draft them, now they are untouchable?...

Guys, they are just prospects....

And just so everybody knows, next year will be another draft and the year after next comes another one and so on and so on...

Take care....

2. m_peroni

m_peroni Hall of Fame

How can you say that 29 other teams passed on these prospects? Makes no sense. A player picked 15th in the first round?

It doesn't mean when they are picked. That does not mean anything. Their progress means more than when they were picked. Look at a guy like Bjugstad who has progressed so well.

When prospects are proving their worth after they are picked then they become more valuable.

I don't even understand the point you want to make here. Are you trying to say "Hey, who cares about prospects, just give them to the Canucks for Luongo and it's no biggie"?

3. rikster

No, I'm saying that they are what they are and in reality, only a very few of them will turn out to be impact players...

The likes of Nash, and Ryan and Luongo are those select few prospects who actually became elite players and the majority of the prospects, if any, being thrown around in trade discussions will never turn out to be as good as these 3 players are are....Many will not have an NHL career...

More likely, most of the prospects are unknowns even to their own fans and if other markets are like Vancouver's, the sports writers wouldn't recognize a prospect if he came up to them and introduced himself by name....

Every year more and more of these "elite", "can't trade" prospects are drafted and if you think about sheer numbers, how many truly elite players are playing in the league today as compared to how many players have teams added to their rosters in that time?...

Not good odds in Vegas....

Florida is probably the worst, going by their fans reactions they have half a dozen or so prospect who are guaranteed to turn into marquee players, just watch them....

Take care....

4. m_peroni

m_peroni Hall of Fame

And so i still go back to the point in question. What is the point of your post?

5. rikster

I forgot...

Take care...

6. maineblackbear

maineblackbear 1st Team All-Star

Here is What Anaheim Asked For From Boston

The Ducks requested the following from Boston, in exchange for Bobby Ryan:

TWO from the pool of Tyler Seguin, David Krejci and Milan Lucic.

PLUS...Doug Hamilton (OHL d man of the year this year, and 2nd last year)

PLUS...a 1st rd pick

PLUS...a 2nd rd pick.

Answer from Boston?? NO WAY!

Later

7. m_peroni

m_peroni Hall of Fame

Re: Here is What Anaheim Asked For From Boston

I don't think anyone should trade for Ryan. The guy already said that he wants to play for the Flyers. In three years he is a UFA. I'd have zero trust in this guy's loyalty.