Panthers hire coach

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by m_peroni, May 31, 2011.

1. m_peroni

m_peroni
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Fame

Kevin Dineen will be hired. He has a good AHL record. Hopefully he will do a good job.

2. maineblackbear

maineblackbear
    Expand Collapse
    1st Team All-Star

He Is Trremendous

I love the guy.

I was hoping Julien would be canned during the season, so that the Bruins could hire him. He is absolutely fantastic. I have watched probably 100 games since he was hired. The players play their asses off for him.

Very up tempo, hard hitting, aggressive game is how he coaches.

I would give a body part to play for him!

Later

3. Original Beast

Original Beast
    Expand Collapse
    2nd Team All-Star

Re: He Is Trremendous

also a fan of Dineen. nice to see him get his break.

but why fire Julien? he's bringing you to the finals. =0)
    that said, i hate his style of hockey - old school coach i guess. i'd like to see Seguin develop more as the team goes, but they are in the same boat as Van and Hodgson - winning is taking priority , and it should.

good luck tonite...well, maybe not. =0)

4. maineblackbear

maineblackbear
    Expand Collapse
    1st Team All-Star

Style Of Play

I am NOT a fan of his system.

I realize that ultra defensive hockey has a place in the game, and it can be effective if you have the personnel to play it effectively.

That said...it holds back the Bruin forwards. David Krejci, who I am not a huge fan of, is probably the most effected by this system. No reason at all for him to not be a consistent 80 point player in this league. Tremendous puck skills...hard worker...good shot....great passer...solid defensively. No reason at all that he is not a Poor Man's Pavel Datsyuk. Bergeron is held back. Seguin got virtually negligible ice time this season, despite making something happen most nights he was on the ice.

With a guy like Dineen at the helm, I truly believe that the Bruins would have run away with the East.

He plays for ties too often. He plays to not lose. I hate that mindset.

Later

5. Original Beast

Original Beast
    Expand Collapse
    2nd Team All-Star

Re: Style Of Play

i couldn't agree more Jeff.

i hate it myself. my only fear in this series tonite, is that Bruins win this thing 1-0, and coach AV decides to turn this thing into a coaching/checking first borefest.

honestly, i think had the Bruins gone out an attacked at full speed, with transition, they would've have smoked Tampa. i'd say Tampa blew it by doing the same, going into a 1-3-1 shell, when they've got speed and forwards that can really shoot.

perhaps Julien can change? Vignault did this year, but he was likely given a mandate to do so, and also the cast to allow it to happen. V himself said, the team players are almost coaching themselves, as they've reached that level of maturity and closeness as a group. i think the Bruins still have time to adjust to thier young talent. yes, Kreji is wasted there kinda, so is Sequin, and Bergeron definitely held back. it's ironic that its these "skill" players that have actually won the games for him.